Preparing your book for publication
Once your manuscript has been professionally
assessed, and is recommended by our editors
- provide free quotes so you know exactly what your
book will cost to publish before outlaying anything
- show you samples of current Sid Harta titles, so
you can see how your book might look when finished
- offer you a contract to produce and promote your
- arrange an ISBN for your title
- manage the publishing and production process
...starting with a full edit, conducted personally and confidentially,
... arranging typesetting and layout, cover and book design
- arrange for your book to be produced in 'galley'
form initially, to be sent to our established list of bona fide reviewers
for their consideration, the number of galleys produced is based
on the category and target markets.
- produce Media Release Kits to accompany the 'galley'
copies, this to include author biography and photograph and an initial
review of the book
- add reviews to the cover artwork, then instruct
the printers to produce your book
- send copies of your book to literary editors for
additional promotional purposes, and deposit copies
- offer your title to our established distribution
contacts, which are in all States of Australia and include others
in New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Hong Kong, Philippines, Indonesia,
Brunei, New Guinea, The Netherlands, United Kingdom and North America
- list the title with Amazon and other on-line book
sellers, and place adequate stocks at relevant on-line supply points.
(Sid Harta Publishers currently holds stocks for this purpose in
Australia, the United Kingdom and the United States).
- list your book here on our Websites
- list your book in our annual catalogue
- arrange your book-signing and author's tour, newspaper
and other media interviews
- oversee the distribution of all orders, and maintain
a quarterly reporting of all transactions to the author.
Sid Harta Publishers will
only consider manuscripts that are first submitted to our editors for assessment.
We will not publish, or permit the use of our imprint on titles that are
Vanity Press in nature. Nor will we publish subjects such as pornography,
or any other material that could be considered offensive.
For further information please visit our web site at www.sidharta.com.au.